The Merian gold mine (“Merian”) is located approximately 60 km south of Moengo, Suriname, with the nearest permanent settlement, Langa Tabiki, approximately 17 km east of the operation. Newmont Suriname, LLC, (previously known as Suriname Gold Company, LLC) (“Newmont Suriname”), a fully- owned subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation (“Newmont”), operates the mine on behalf of Suriname Gold Project CV, a Suriname limited partnership (the “CV”). Newmont Suriname is the managing partner, owning a 75 percent interest in the limited partnership, and Staatsolie Maatschappij Suriname N.V., Suriname’s State-owned oil company (“Staatsolie”), the limited partner, owns the remaining 25 percent interest. Construction of Merian commenced in August 2014, and commercial production was achieved on October 1, 2016, on schedule and US$150 million under budget. Merian’s focus is on delivering safe, efficient and responsible gold production while generating sustainable value and opportunity for employees, local communities, the local and national governments, and the CV owners. Merian is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce that represents the country and the communities in which it operates, including nearby residents and women. Merian actively engages with all stakeholders, which include all levels of government, local communities, contractors and sub-contractors, as well as private sector and non-governmental organizations.